I blog about...

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Post Daniel Fast: Mediterranean Dreams

Well the Daniel Fast is over folks. Congratulations! I hope that my 10 recipes helped you out a bit and gave you some ideas. I was privileged to speak at the UCWM meeting on Friday night where I gave a presentation on eating healthy and eating godly. It was wonderful to share my testimony with such supportive women and also to get ideas from them during their "meal-making" activity.

I know my viewers may drop due to the fast being over and most people heading back in the direction of eating meat and processed foods, however, I hope that you will visit from time to time when you're craving something healthy and happy for your body.

God tells us that our bodies are temples. Let's treat them that way!

Regardless of how many people will read after the Fast, I did want to share a wonderful meal I had not too long ago at a great little Mediterranean place on the North Side in Lincoln Park. It's called Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen 

Lemon Lentil Soup

To start we had some delicious lemon lentil soup, and then I had this tasty falafel and veggie pita with hummus and cucumber sauce. 
I liked this dinner so much that I decided I will learn how to make it at home! We don't live near Albany Park or Lincoln Park, so ordering as take-out every week may be a little silly... and probably expensive (although the prices at the place were really great!) Still, I want to know how to make this amazing meal myself. Be on the lookout for a new falafel recipe and lentil soup recipe coming your way!

Falafel and Veggie Pita

No comments:

Post a Comment